Tonight’s episode is titled ‘Sports Luxe’ and is centred around how activewear and fashion have woven together in the last couple of years. You would have noticed that activewear outfit posts have become a regular on Harper and Harley this year, a natural progression, especially since I’m in gym clothes A LOT in my normal day to day life – as you would see via my snap chat (username: harperandharley). On of my best girlfriends Caitlyn makes a guest appearance and I think you even get to meet my boyfriend! Very exciting.
I usually begin with an early morning walk with my dogs and then i’m off to the gym 3 times a week. I’ve signed up to a personal trainer – Dan at 98 Riley St Gym in Darlinghurt. He trains models, tv personalities and now me… so fingers crossed I can keep this going as I tend to get obsessed and then completely over a particular form of exercise in 6 months. I have a feeling circuit training is my calling though… and having someone watch over and making sure I don’t give up is quite motivating.
This post was shot pre-training with Dan, so i’m looking forward to shooting some new ‘fitter’ activewear looks in the next couple of weeks. I’m in week 3 of our sessions and i’m feeling like a whole new person.
Watch tonight’s episode at 9:30pm on E!
Dont forget you can now watch fashion bloggers on YouTube a week after they air. Episode 3 will be uploaded tomorrow.
Photos by Nicole Cooper
1. A good exfoliator is essential during Winter. You need to get all that dry and dead skin off so that your new skin can absorb your products properly and keep hydrated so that you don’t look dull.
2. A brow pencil, there is no season that doesn’t require a good brow. If you only have time to do one thing before leaving the house, do this. It gives your face an instant polished ‘lift’ that frames the face and makes a huge difference in your overall pool.
3. I’m a huge fan of the whole SK-II range but the mid day spray is the best pick me up in Winter, especially when you’re on the go. It gives your skin extra hydration and is amazing if you are working inside in an air-conditioned space or travelling.
4. Instant Tan! Just because you aren’t spending your weekends at the beach doesn’t mean you have to lose your glow. I love an instant tan like this one as its a great way to quickly apply colour if you have all of a sudden realised you need it and only have half an hour to get ready.
5. Dry body brushing promotes blood circulation which limits cellulite and is also a great way to exfoliate naturally. Dry brushing before getting into the shower during winter helps keep the blood flowing and get glowing skin.
6. It’s not just your skin that needs some extra hydration and TLC in Winter, your hair can also take a beating from the air-conditioning, harsh weather and extra hot showers. Try a treatment mask or this amazing hair oil from Rodin. It’s amazing and non-greasy but I only apply it to the ends of my hair.
7. I love blush and it’s perfect for Winter. During the warmer months bronzer is normally my go to but for Winter there is nothing better then warming up the complexion with a hint of blush. This hourglass one is highly pigmented so you don’t need much and has an illuminator built in to add extra zing.
8. Your lips are their most venerable in winter. Use a lip exfoliator like this one to keep them healthy and avoid any dryness. An essential step before apply a lip colour!
9. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!! It’s the easiest and best way to maintain your skin during the cooler months. Up the thickness and how many times you apply it.