Christopher Esber knit, A piece apart black skirt, Tibi mules, Ray-Ban sunglasses
The Asymmetrical top is all about creating clean lines and showing off a bare shoulder. Here are a few do’s and don’ts on how to best wear this look in 2015.
– DO –
1. Moisturise! Your skin is taking centre stage and you want to create a beautiful glowing effect. A little illuminator on collarbones and shoulders for an evening event is also welcomed.
2. Keep your hair off your bare shoulder. You’ve got it on show so don’t cover it up
3. Make the shape of the top the main feature of your outfit. The eye is going to be automatically drawn to this area, so keep the rest of your look quite minimal so they don’t compete.
– DON’T –
1. Wear a necklace or anything that’s going to break up that clean line created by the curve of the neckline.
2. Drape a shoulder bag over your bare shoulder. You’ll completely ruin the line the top is creating, instead wear it over the other shoulder or opt for a clutch.
3. Recreate the 00’s version of this trend. It’s not about the slinky fabrics or spaghetti straps, instead go for a thicker shoulder strap or choose a style that has a sleeve.
– Get The Look –
Off The Shoulder Tops
ASOS, Marques Almeida, 2NOIR, ASOS, Christopher Esber
Black Midi Skirt
Weekend, ASOS, Tome, VINCE, ASOS, Zero + Maria Cornejo
Chloe, Proenza Schouler, Topshop, Maiyet, Tony Bianco, Topshop
Photos by Ana Suntay-Tanedo